EXTON, Pa. — Scala, a provider of end-to-end solutions for the digital signage market, has announced it will launch the new release of Scala InfoChannel 5 Version 3.0 at digital signage Expo Feb. 27-28, 2008, in Las Vegas.
New features in the release include:
- A high-performance video-playback engine that provides faster video playback, including 60fps video, and HD video on suitable hardware
- Support of playback of H.264 (MPEG-4) video files. H.264 offers high visual quality at a smaller file size than MPEG-2 or WMV files
- Text creation in languages such as Arabic, Thai, Hebrew, Hindi, Vietnamese and other writing systems
- When setting up a dual-channel player, users can now configure the PC’s displays to be in spanning / stretched mode, which performs better and looks cleaner than using two independent displays
- Support for text-entry field elements from the Buttons panel allowing users to create interactive applications that take keyboard input
- Publishing individual files that are bigger than four GB is now supported
- Increased speed when dealing with larger networks
- Text elements using variables
- Text crawls now support in-line and adjacent style changes for font, color, italics, size, etc.