HP has added displays for creative professionals and retail businesses to its portfolio, including the company’s first 27-inch diagonal performance display with more than 1 billion colors, the industry’s first sub-$200 display with in-plane switching (IPS) technology and HP’s first 47-inch diagonal multi-touch digital signage Display.
According to a company press release, the new products include:
- The HP ZR2740w, ZR2440w, ZR2240w and ZR2040w Performance Displays feature LED backlit IPS panels and deliver ultimate performance for professionals that value exceptional image accuracy.
- The HP Compaq LE2202x Essential Display is for businesses that need affordable display technology in a thin profile with a small footprint.
- The HP LD4220tm and HP LD4720tm digital signage Displays allow customers to interact with business messages in a simple yet powerful way.
- The HP SignagePlayer mp8200 provides smooth and reliable operation in demanding digital signage applications.
In addition, the HP rp5800 Retail System is now offered in a digital signage Edition specifically configured for reliable playback of digital signage and interactive media.
“Design, animation and gaming professionals push the limits of display technology every day simply to do their jobs – and HP has met their needs with a wider range of solutions than ever before,” Jun Kim, vice president and general manager of display business unit, said in the press release. “HP offers customers robust displays and innovative, interactive digital signage products that are the new face of retail and hospitality.”
Latest HP digital signage solutions
The two new HP digital signage Displays – the HP LD4220tm and LD4720tm – help retailers meet the needs of shoppers in multichannel retailing environments. The 42- and 47-inch diagonal LCD displays deploy a multi-touch screen that uses unique scanning infrared technology, including embedded sensors to provide more accurate touch recognition. This technology also enhances the retail experience by enabling customers to use their fingertips to scroll through screens or perform many common multi-touch gestures, according to the release.
The full 1080p widescreen displays feature enhanced digital connectivity including HDMI or DVI, VGA and DisplayPort. The monitors provide plug-and-play convenience from a simple USB key and can be set in either a horizontal or vertical position for more flexible placement options. The displays come with a standard three-year limited warranty vs. typical one-year warranties available for TVs.
The HP SignagePlayer mp8200 is optimized to work with the latest digital signage software to provide smooth and reliable operation in demanding retail environments. The mp8200 features Intel Core technology and is preinstalled with the Windows Embedded Standard 7 operating system.
According to HP, its rp5800 Retail System, digital signage Edition drives two discrete channels of content with a powerful graphics subsystem and comes with retail-hardened features including the ability to operate in a 105-degree environment. It features an extra-long manufacturing life cycle to support extended deployment schedules and provide a consistent platform across enterprise digital signage networks.
HP Integrated Solution Bundles include project management, site surveys and standard digital signage installation.
Pricing and availability
- The HP ZR2040w, ZR2240w, ZR2440w and ZR2740w start at $189, $289, $425 and $729, respectively.
- The ZR2040w, ZR2240w and ZR2740w are available immediately, and the ZR2440w will be available in October.
- The HP Compaq LE2202x starts at $179 and is planned to be available Sept. 19 on hp.com.
- The HP LD4220tm and HP LD4720tm digital signage Displays are planned to be available in early October in all regions.
- The HP rp5800 Retail System, digital signage Edition and HP SignagePlayer mp8200 configurations are planned to be available in September.
Read more about digital signage in retail settings.
Source link: HP expands digital signage offerings